Welcome to Social Intern! Social Intern offers its service (the “Social Intern Service”) to users of mobile and other devices utilizing Social Intern’s software (“Users”). The Social Intern Service is a social networking, search and location based suite of integrated mobile and web applications that enable users to share, view and upload pictures, video, text and points of interest with a tag to the user’s geographic location. Users can then (i) set up unique personal profiles that can be linked together through networks or clusters of friends, (ii) map and navigate to people, places and points of interest, (iii) share photos, videos and audio and post journals and comments.
Collection and Use of Information: Social Intern may collect certain information from you as described below. Social Intern uses information it collects for authentication purposes, to customize the advertising and content you see, to fulfill your requests for products and services, to provide aggregated and anonymous reporting for Social Intern or its third party partners, to improve the Social Intern Service, and to communicate with you regarding Social Intern services.
- Registration Information: Social Intern collects personal information you knowingly choose to submit to us during registration and thereafter, such as your name, screen name, email address, telephone numbers and age, to authenticate Users, send notifications to Users relating to the Social Intern service, to manage each user’s account and to facilitate our compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Profile Information: Social Intern also collects user profile data, including but not limited to personal interests and search criteria, gender, education, occupation, and physical location coordinates in order to assist Users in locating and communicating with each other and identifying common interests among users. User profile information, including Users’ pictures and display names, are displayed to people in order to facilitate interaction through the Social Intern social networking community. Email addresses are used when existing Users invite new friends to join the Social Intern Service, and to send notifications, updates, and newsletters related to the Social Intern Service.
- User-Provided Content: You post User Content on the Service at your own risk. Although we offer privacy setting options to limit access to your pages, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other Users with whom you choose to share your pages or information. Accordingly, there is a risk that your Content may be viewed by unauthorized persons or disclosed publicly. Even after removal, copies of User Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other Users have copied or stored your User Content on their own computers.
- Location and Non-Personally Identifiable Information: Social Intern also collects non-personally identifiable information, such as physical location, IP address, aggregate user data, and equipment/software configuration from Users. The data is used to manage and improve the Service and track usage. This non-personally identifiable information may be shared with third-parties to provide more relevant services and advertisements to Users. User IP addresses are recorded for security and monitoring purposes.
- Log Files/Browser Information: Every time you visit an Internet location page on the Internet, your Web browser sends information to the Web site you are visiting. Social Intern servers automatically collect and store this information, including your IP address, hardware platform, type of browser software and settings, Internet service provider, the pages you visit at Social Intern, and information from Social Intern Cookies. We may associate this information with your personal information to resolve technical issues and promote security for our Users.
- Third-Party Data: Social Intern may also supplement Users’ profile information with other consumer data, such as ZIP codes, demographic data, and other publicly available information obtained from third parties. Social Intern uses this information to develop, administer and deliver our products and services and to permit third parties to deliver their products and services.
Sharing of Information:
- Third-Party Vendors: Some Social Intern products and services may be offered to Users in conjunction with affiliates or third-party vendors. To provide these products and services, Social Intern may share Users’ e-mail addresses and mobile telephone numbers and aggregated non-identifiable consumer information with select third-party vendors. These third-party vendors may need to collect and maintain your personal information, but third-party vendors are not allowed to use or disclose Social Intern data for any commercial or marketing purposes other than to offer Social Intern-approved products or services to Users and to administer and improve such programs.
Links: The Social Intern Service may provide links to other services, including links that may be placed by Social Intern, third-party advertisers, and other Users. Social Intern is not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices of any other service.
Children’s Privacy: The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act restricts the collection and use of personal information pertaining to children under the age of 13. We do not allow such children to register as Users and will not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. No one under the age of 13 should provide any personal information to or on Social Intern. In the event we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will terminate the account and delete the information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at privacy@Social Intern.com. Minors aged 13 and over should not use our service or post any User Content without adult supervision.
Changing or Removing Information: Access and control over most personal information on Social Intern is available through profile editing tools. Social Intern Users may modify or delete their profile information or deactivate their account at any time by logging into their account. Deleted information may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time, but will not be generally available to Users of Social Intern. However, even after deletion, copies of User Content may remain viewable on the Social Intern Service and in cached and archived pages or if other Users have copied or stored your User Content.
Email choice/Opt-out: Users who no longer wish to receive Social Intern email updates or notifications may opt-out of receiving these communications following the instructions contained in the applicable email or by logging-in and changing their account settings and deselecting the option: “Send occasional informational emails from Social Intern”. You may exercise your option to stop the use of your information for marketing by Social Intern and disclosures by Social Intern to third party vendors and advertisers. To opt out of Social Intern marketing and disclosures, you may complete the opt-out page request form at http://www.Social Intern.com/account.cgi?op=email. Users who opt-out may still receive administrative or non-promotional service alert emails from Social Intern.
Data Security: Social Intern takes reasonable precautions to protect our Users’ information. We use reasonable measures to protect member information that is stored within our database, and we restrict access to member information to those employees who need access to perform their job functions, such as our customer service personnel and technical staff. Please note that we cannot guarantee the security of member account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of member information at any time.